A project exploring the connections between poetry and graphic literature.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Re: Ellen Forney Exercise


Above is a comic of Meg Reilly's poem,

"fox-fur"

the shipwreck washed me ashore
i was filled up with debris
the bank was red clay mixed with silt
i could not speak
there were minnows in my lungs
my hair was fiery, an orange hue
there were people gathering me
discussing whether they should carry me
away from the water, but the water seemed my home
finally the man in charge stepped forward
he was an auburn creature
he was a fox, with fox-fur
standing upright on his hind legs
what is your fantasy
to have sex with two men
what is your fantasy
to have you dress up like a fox
and come to bed
he needed no deliberation
but approached my body impish on the sand
he stroked my head

No comments:

Post a Comment