A project exploring the connections between poetry and graphic literature.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Proposal of Final Project and Paper

Final Project:

I'd like to make a chapbook that studies the interaction and integration of poetic text and image as hybrid. Since I'm by no means an expert on the subject, I plan to do this by creating a series of text+visual experiments in the form of poems that are also comics. The chapbook will be a compilation of those experiments accompanied by abstracts of them. Ten of these sounds like a good number.

Final Paper:

This critical analysis will explore some of the same concepts I am taking on with the chapbook, only it will explore a specific text (or texts--TBD) in-depth. My focus will be on the interaction of text and visual and, more specifically, the poetics of the work as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment